Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Eileen Hull Paper Flower Party!

Hi all! This month, the Eileen Hull Inspiration Team is celebrating the release of Eileen's new Sizzix dies. I have a couple projects I created using them to share with you today.

First up is this adorable hinged box created with Eileen's Cantilevered Sewing Box die. I used Graphic 45's Gilded Lily paper to decorate the box and added a shabby chic flower created with the new Romance Flower die.

I love this scrunchy, rumpled flower. I made a quick tutorial to show you how I did it.

Begin by die cutting the flower from white cardstock. Ink with Antique Linen Distress ink and stamp with a script stamp using the same ink.

 Next, spray the layers heavily with Perfect Pearl Mist - really get the paper saturated!

Using a pointed object, like this Sharpie pen, center one layer and scrunch the paper down as shown. Repeat with each layer and let dry.

Unfold the layers and secure them together with one of Tim Holtz's new diamond brads.

This little flower-topped sewing box would make a perfect Mother's Day gift!

The other piece I created using the new dies is this Flower Pocket candy box. Again, I used the pretty Gilded Lily papers, adding a bit of trim and some fussy cut pieces. I can think of so many ways to use this die! I'm already picturing little May Day baskets.

The supplies I used can be found at Sizzix, Simon Says Stamp, and Amazon via the links below. Be sure and check your local stores for Eileen's new release in May!





Thanks so much for stopping by today - have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Where or where did you find this darling expandable sewing/craft box? I would like to make that for my embellishments for paper crafting. Your ideas are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you click on the link she has up above - it will take you to the die used to cut it out. Isn't it cute? =)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Shelly, the flower is wonderful and love your sewing box and candy box, see I have to save my pennies for more of Eileen's wonderful dies! Thanks for the inspiration, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This paper is the perfect accent for the Sewing Box and Flower Pocket- and love the tips on assembling the flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen this die is absolutely a must have. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

      Delete
    2. Eileen this die is absolutely a must have. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

      Delete
  4. beautiful projects Shelly!! I love that G45 paper. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly, both projects are absolutely stunning! The G45 papers are just perfect on the sewing box and your flower is gorgeous. The flower pocket looks amazing, love how you decorated it too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that flower is so cool , great tutorial ... Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that box. You did a fab job as always! This die is to die for. At the top of my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!