Sunday, January 17, 2016

Pop it Ups Cardmaking eBook Project

Hi all! Today I'm sharing the card I created for Karen Burniston's new Pop it Ups Cardmaking eBook. This new eBook was just released and is full of inspiration from Karen and the whole Designer Challenge Team.

My card features the new Hot Air Balloon die set - on of my favorites from the new release. I have been dying for a die like this and was so excited when Karen decided to create one!

Not only is the new die set a very cool pop-up, but if you'd rather use it on a simple card or tag, it works great for that too. Here, I've mixed a lot of different mediums - burlap paper, kraft core'dinations, and glitter paper - to created a sparkly, pretty balloon. Imagine taking this in a steampunk direction, though. How cool would that be?! (You may be seeing that here very soon)

One of the things I love about Karen's dies is how well they all work together. I used the banner dies from the Lots of Pops set to create a cut little bunting that hangs behind the balloon, and one of the tag dies from the Tags Pivot die set for the sentiment. So pretty!

All the dies I used can be found at Elizabeth Craft Designs via the links below. The rest of the supplies can be found at Simon Says Stamp. Unfortunately, I think the paper from My Mind's Eye (Up and Away) has been discontinued, but you may be able to find it at your local store.



Look at all those gorgeous cards! You can download the eBook, absolutely free, HERE. Inside, you'll find step by step instructions, products lists, and photos showing you how to create each of the cards shown above. This is a beautiful publication and it's totally free. How can you beat that?!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Come back tomorrow when I'll be sharing my first  Pop it Ups Designer Challenge card of the year.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. i have just a few of her dies and really am anxious to try them!! i will see what inspiration i can get from this ebook!! thanks to the whole team for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!