Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tim's Tag - Day 11

It's almost over! One more day of Tim Tags. I will be sad when it's done - I've really had fun trying new techniques and experimenting with different ideas. I am not super thrilled with my latest tag. I think if I'd been more in the mood I could have made it work, but I am just not in a big stamping mood today.

For my frosted pieces, I used some plexiglass that I cut ages ago. Plexiglass is not easy to cut! The friction from the saw blade melts it and you get all kinds of burrs. Someone told me later you should use a wet saw. Well, at the time I didn't have that helpful hint! The burrs sand off pretty easily though, so I was able to salvage most of them. I wanted to find a way to glue these down since they didn't have a hole for a brad to go through. I decided to wrap them in silver tape to give them a soldered look and also give a place to hide the glue. It worked reasonably well. I do love this frosted technique - that's a very cool idea.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on this, Shelly!

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this tag is beautiful Shelly - I like how you improvised with the products you do not have... The background is really beautiful!

    How is your Christmas shopping coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag love the embossed effect on the glass really special

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this one. I've grown to love blue and this one is the perfect shade. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!