Tuesday, November 11, 2008

AI Float Cuttlebug Embossed Ornament


Whew, that's a long title, lol! This piece is a combination of several different things that have inspired me over the past few days. I found this ornament template recently while surfing some blogs - I have no idea where. If you recognize it, please let me know the blog addy so I can give proper credit. Then, someone posted a card recently using the AI Float technique from an old Technique Junkie newsletter. Again, have no clue who it was, but it stayed in the back of my mind.....mostly I keep seeing things and thinking, 'hmmm...that would look great Cuttlebugged and embossed!' I pulled out an AI Float piece I'd done back when that issue came out and thought it would be perfect for what I had in mind.

First, I covered the piece with Versamark and clear embossed. Then I ran it thru the Cuttlebug, hit the high spots with Versamark and gold embossed. I traced the shape onto the back of the piece and cut it out. More gold ep on the edges, some ribbon, a sentiment (Oxford Impressions) stamped on a scrap and - poof! AI Float Cuttlebug Embossed Ornament.

Check out the One Powerful Hour challenge blog for more beautiful ornaments!

UPDATE! I found the artist who posted the ornament template (thank goodness for Google Blog Search!) Here is a link - Eclectic Visions of an Altered Journey.

9 comments:

  1. this is lovely. if you are interested there is a christmas ornamant theme at the One Powerful Hour challenge. and there is a prize for one participant. it would be great if you took part, with this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YES!!! YOU MUST ENTER THIS!IT IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Sorry for the all caps, but this ornament called for it!:)I am so glad you posted this because I have really enjoyed your blog. Absolutely AMAZING!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Shelley you rocked this one out...I have so many AI float BG's done..Appreciate you sharing the instuctions also.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I am so pleased you used my bauble design, it is lovely, well done!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous orni! I love how you used your cuttlebug...and the colors are fantastic!

    Thanks for taking the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so vintage looking and so you..great piece thanks for sharing..i think maybe i will just let you do the whole demo day in march:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really a fantastic ornament. The color is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO lovely! Looks like it could be from a Dickensian era Christmas tree...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!